Usually, The What’s Hot and What’s Not is a lovely blog equivalent to the chain letter that starts on Loobylu every Wednesday. I will not likely get to write tomorrow, so I figured I would do my Hot & Not tonight.I will have a longer list of hotties than notties.
- actually using my Canon scanner properly and effectively. It will also convert negatives to pictures, old slides to pictures. I am in heaven. I also reorganized all my digital pictures and they are easy to search with proper labels. I find little gems like this:
- The PBS production of Jane Austen’s Emma. Truly wonderful. It rivals the Pride and Prejudice series done by the BBC with Colin Firth. Jonnie Lee Walker as Mr. Knightley is really good, but I prefer the proud Mr. Darcy.
- My new Starbucks mug just in time for Valentine’s day.
- My oldest son eager and excited after orientation at his prospective high school.
- Getting my cats “fixed”. I pray that now they will stop digging up my house plants and eating loaves of bread, knocking them off the counter and shredding them.
- Ordering Girl Scout cookies. Tagalongs all the way baby!
- Talking about Tagalaongs makes me think of peanut butter, which is by far the best food creation ever. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Apples and peanut butter. My mom would core out an apple and stuff the center with peanut butter when we were young. Peanut butter dabbed onto the backs of Dove chocolate pieces. Yum!
- Not having to run the heater OR the A/C.
- Downloading music and making a playlist with my son. I really like the new Timbaland song with Justin Timberlake. The Timba twins. Haha. It has a fun beat.
- Censorship. Art is art. Art is Michelangelo’s statue of David. It is Andy Warhol’s Campbell’s soup can. It is J.D. Salinger’s Catcher in the Rye. It is music by Green Day. Would we cover the genitals of the statue? I have seen that statute. From a single, massive block of marble emerged that stunning man. How could anyone censor it? While many penises got whacked off statues, I would think we are no longer so prudish. So how is it that we edit lyrics? Sanitize the music? Is it ours to alter? Music is art. Leave it as the artist intended.
- Did I mention the cats that got fixed today? The same cats that have been in HEAT and absolute psychoberries? Oh, and they like to play in water by spilling glasses of it all over the floor and doing slip and slide.
- A crick in my mid back that only seems to squawk when I sit down to write. I have to start an special exercise regimen and get into condition to be able to sit and write hours on end.
- Dry hands. I wash my hands easily 75 times a work day. They feel tight and stiff by the end of the day and worse at the end of the week.
- Not enough time to do BOTH the real job and feed my creative drive. If not for that pesky need for sleep, I would finish my current quilt project!
- Forgetting peoples birthdays. I am terrible with dates.